Omega 3 Deficiency, is this a problem?
Have you been feeling tired all day long or experiencing dry skin? You may be suffering from an Omega 3 deficiency.
If you're like most people, the name Omega 3 might have come up at some point in your life when discussing healthy eating habits or fat intake - but did you know they can also be found naturally occurring within foods? With all these benefits on hand (and more!), it's no wonder doctors prescribe nutrients such as this one!
What are Omega-3s, and Why Do They Matter?
Omega-3 refers to a set, or family, that includes both animal and vegetable fats. The “good” fat you hear so much about from your doctor is part of it! These healthy oils help maintain skin health by preventing dryness through their moisturizing properties; they also lower cholesterol levels which protect against heart disease.
Another bonus? They reduce inflammation—a key player when dealing with pain caused by arthritis for example.
The three types of fatty acids in this group are the following:
- Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA): this acid is necessary for normal human growth and development. Alpha-linolenic acid is thought to decrease the risk of heart disease by helping to maintain normal heart rhythm and pumping.
- Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA): it prevents the blood from clotting easily, reduces triglyceride levels in the blood, and has effects that might reduce pain and swelling.
- Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA): is an omega-3 fatty acid essential for brain development during pregnancy and early childhood. It is also linked to improved heart health, better vision, and reduced inflammatory response.
Omega-3 Deficiency Symptoms
When we don't get enough Omega 3, there can be significant problems and deficiencies develop as a result-- some that may not show up right away but lead to more obvious symptoms such as weight gain or hair loss over time
This situation could lead someone down an unhealthy path towards having poor omega 3 levels which cause many different issues from everyday discomfort all way up to serious medical conditions
- Deficits in concentration and attentiveness. The brain needs essential fatty acids for proper functioning and without them, people can experience memory problems as well as increased irritability or anxiety. Children who seem to anger quickly without reason may actually be suffering from omega 3 deficiency which is an easy fix with supplements!
- Joint pain and leg cramps. Fish oil is a great way to get your omega-3s, and it has been shown that these fats can reduce inflammation in the body. If you're not experiencing joint pain yet then this could be preventing future damage which may trigger an attack or episodes of discomfort!
- Allergy symptoms. Hives and asthma can indicate a lack of omega-3s. Eczema seems like it might be related as well due in part by its link with inflammation levels.
What is the best source of Omega 3 fatty acids?
While the answer to this question may seem simple, there are actually several factors that can affect your need for omega-3s. These include what you eat and drink as well as how old you are - with children needing more than adults!
If you're looking for an easy way to increase your omega-3 levels, then there are plenty of over-the-counter supplements available. But if it's possible (and ideal) that all nutrients come from food instead; we highly recommend taking a vitamin or two with each meal so when needed again in future days - just pop another pill!
Another surefire way to increase intake is to use a New Zealand Greenshell™ Mussel Oil. This supplement hits with a triple whammy of Green Lipped Mussels, naturally high in Omega-3s, combined with Olive, Vitamin E, and D3 oils, which offer immense benefits for inflammation and it has become our most effective joint supplement.
Get the body you've always wanted
With so many articles on Omega-3 fatty acids, it is easy to get caught up in reading about them. However, you should know that this information can help your health and well-being! In fact, taking proper steps towards improving balance will make a huge difference when dealing with joint pain or inflammation from poor nutrient intake like salmon oily supplements which are high sources of healthy fats but also contain vitamins A & D as additional ingredients too.
The proper balance of Omega-3 fatty acids can make a huge difference. If you're not getting enough, it's time for some New Zealand Greenshell™ Mussel Oils!